Friday 24 June 2011

My journey to Clean Eating


I have been fascinated for a long time with eating nutritious foods in my daily diet.  This is the beginning of my journey to do just that.  I am now a mom, a wife and it is my job to provide my family with the best nutritious meals and to teach my little girls the best way to provide their bodies with the best fuel. I have been feeling very sluggish and tired all the time and I think it has a lot to do with my diet.  Too much sugar, bread and food made in a science lab.  Today I made the first step to my journey of clean eating. I avoided the middle aisles at the grocery store as much as possible.  In the picture above is some items I added to my grocery cart. I have to say I felt good when I looked  in my grocery cart with all the healthier choices I made this trip.  I plan to add 1-2 new fruits or veggies to my list each week.  This week I purchased brown rice, and 100% whole wheat  spaghetti and pears which I normally wouldn’t pick up.  Wish me luck to a healthier more energetic life!

4 comments:

  1. hey great blog. i am now following. follow me at http://onesweetstory.blogspot.com ! have a great holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try dreamland pasta also. It tastes awesome and is very low carb. I love all the great recipes. I try to go as healthy and natural as possible with my babies (accept for at church...candy just seems to be the only way). Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! it's so hard for me to consistently eat healthy.

    http://amommyslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete